Examinations department of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) was established on 16 January 2014 soon after the appointment of Vice Chancellor of the university and on recommendation of academic council and with the approval of Syndicate Prof. Tanwir Khaliq was appointed as a Controller of Examinations. In short period of time conducted 4 Major Postgraduate Examinations.
The Office of the Controller of Examinations is an integral component of the university administration. Controller office is responsible for all matters connected with conduct of Examination, Secrecy and Degrees. There are two sections:
- Under Graduate Section
- Post Graduate Section
Examinations department is working under leadership of Prof. Tanwir Khaliq, Controller of Examinations. Main functionaries of Examination Department are as under:
|Prof. Dr. Tanwir Khaliq||Controller of Examinationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Sameena Afghan||Additional Controller of Examinations|
|Mr. Muhammad Usman||Deputy Controller of Examinations
|Mr. Tahir Mehmood||Deputy Controller of Examinations
|Mr. M. Nadeem Akhter||Deputy Controller of Examinations
|Mr. Hassan Ali Zaidi||Assistant Controller of Examinations
|Mr. Ammar Ahmed||Assistant Controller of Examinations
(Admin & Coordination)
Examination Department of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University conduct and hold almost all the examinations that a medical university can hold. It performs the following major tasks:
- Conduct of Mid-Term and Final examinations for Postgraduate qualifications (MS,MD,MDS,M.Phil, MCCM, DGO, DCH, and DCP) twice a year in March /April and September/October.
- Conduct of Final & Supplementary examinations for undergraduate qualifications (MBBS & BDS).
- Conduct of Final & Supplementary examinations for Allied Sciences section (B.Sc Nursing Post RN , B.Sc (Hons) in Allied Health Sciences (MLT, MAT,MIT), DPT)
- Collection and compilation of results, issuance of Certificates / Diplomas / Degrees and verification of documents.
- Develop a uniform calendar of all examinations and strictly follow the dates
- Facilitate both students and Examiners during the examination process.
- Introduce error free system of result declaration.
- On time certification and awarding of Degrees.
- Bringing Paperless culture and almost all correspondence on time.
- Launching of online written component of assessment.
- Teaching & Training Workshops for Examiners.
- Training opportunities for controllers of examinations at various levels.